Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sweet Potato, Crystal Quartz

Joe and I were both home for Easter weekend. We spent most of the non-family-designated time in his old room at his dad's, him VNCing into his computer at the lab and me re-watching episodes of House of Cards on my phone. While looking through his bookshelf I noticed his old Zelda ocarina that he'd ordered through the back of a Nintendo magazine when he was 8 or 9. I retained zero skills from the recorder days of grade school and still it sounded beautiful. Now I really really want one. I've narrowed it down to these three from Songbird Ocarinas:

"Sweet Potato Soprano G White Crackle", $55.

"The Muse" (from a sculpture by artist Jonathen Bickart). Ten holes, porcelain with an ivory satin glaze, $129.

"Crystal Quartz On Stoneware". Four hole, Stoneware with Quartz crystal from Arkansas, $111. (This is actually a one-of-a-kind piece that has already been sold but I hope they eventually make more similar to this one, fingers crossed.)

Check out Songbird's website to see more. STL Ocarina also has some really great ones, including this Rupee Tenor in the shape of a gem:

New Legend Of Zelda, Rupee Tenor, on sale for $22.

No comments:

Post a Comment