Friday, October 9, 2009

Silver And Gold.

One of the creatives Karen, Sian, and I did in June got picked up by FantasticsMag. The working title or theme for this shoot was "dreamy masquerade". The washed-out, soft light effect that Karen was able to achieve really lends an ethereal quality to the images.





The gauze mask was a total improv job by yours truly. None of the masks I'd pulled really worked with this look so I had to get creative; I rummaged through my crates, found some tulle scraps, cut it to shape and attached it to a thin elastic hang strand that I'd kept from a pair of shoes I'd bought for another shoot. I was inspired by the mask that Marie Antoinette wears at the masquerade ball in Paris when she meets Count Fersen for the first time (swoon swoon).







A friend commented that this series reminds her a little of Tim Walker's work and I couldn't imagine a better compliment seeing as how he's one of my all-time absolute favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment